Pages

5.09.2011

Mother's Day

I was out of town at a seminar last Wednesday through Friday, so Mother's Day came on a perfect weekend when I was really missing my boys during the week!  Jeremy was so sweet and thoughtful to plan things for me, and I appreciated it so much.  Last year Sawyer was barely a month old, so I think we were both operating in a newborn fog still.  We also told our families that day last year there was a good chance we'd be moving to Austin... memories!

My second Mother's Day was so wonderful - Jeremy let me sleep in, of course, and then I snuggled Sawyer while he finished making me breakfast.  I, for one, hate trying new recipes and experimenting in the kitchen - I would much rather make something quick and easy and reliable.  Jeremy is a great cook when he has time, and my breakfast was so gourmet!  He made couscous with dried fruit compote and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and lemon cream. 


We played for a while with Sawyer, who is now a walking machine, then napped while he napped.  When he got up, Aunt Amanda came over and we grilled burgers for lunch, and had my all-time favorite side, fruit salad with cool whip, pecans and marshmallows.  No one else seems to like it as much as I do!

Then we took a drive around the hill country so we could get out of the house but stay in the air-conditioning and Sawyer napped.  On the way home we picked up a baby pool and some toys since it was so warm, and forced Sawyer to enjoy the pool against his will.  I guess the water was too cold (and it was freezing) so he just sat completely still with his bottom lip sticking out in a huge pout, screaming on and off.  Eventually the water and he warmed up, and he enjoyed playing with daddy in the water.  Kind of.  We'll work on it!





And he was wearing a swim diaper - no naked baby swimming this time!

Jeremy also got me the best and sweetest cards from him and Sawyer.  I love cards, and Jeremy spends a lot of time finding the perfect ones.  I swear, cards are my "love language" so I really appreciate his thought!  He also completely spoiled me with gorgeous pearl earrings - I have wanted nice pearl earrings forever and they were on my birthday list, so he surprised me with them this weekend.  I am over the moon for them, but I would quickly give them (and anything else) back to have these two boys in my life.  I love being a wife and love being a mom and they both make it such an easy job to love and care for them.  Life changes so drastically when you have a baby, as everyone told me it would, but every single change is completely worth having a sweet baby in your life.

Please excuse the giant, swollen face...
but this is 3.26.10 - the day I became a mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment