12.23.2010
Sick Baby
The same weekend as our Bamblen Christmas, little S came down with a fever. It started on Friday... stayed around Saturday... Saturday night... That night Sawyer couldn't sleep, so around midnight Jeremy and I started sleeping with him in our arms in the rocker in his room. I took the 12 to 3am shift, Jeremy took 3 to 6am, then I took 6 to 9am. We'd been giving him acetaminophen and his fever still wasn't going down. It wasn't alarmingly high - it was never over 101, and when I spoke with a nurse Saturday afternoon she said they don't even recommend medicine until it's over 102. Sunday we could tell he was feeling a lot worse, so we took him to a nearby urgent care clinic just in case it wasn't just teething or a cold. Turns out baby got his first ear infection. We caught it pretty early on, and started him on antibiotics right away. Same story again Sunday night - we took turns sleeping in his rocker with him, so neither of us went to work Monday or Tuesday. He was miserable and we were miserable from not sleeping. Tuesday night was better - he was up around 5am and we fed him, but he went back to sleep. I was back at work Wednesday, and Jeremy stayed home 1 more day so he didn't have to go back to daycare. Wednesday night again he was up at 5 or 6am for a feeding... we were worried he was getting used to it! But luckily he's feeling 100% better now and sleeping through the night well again. Whew! It was a rough few days but we got through it all in one piece. And the positive is that he loved his bubblegum flavored antibiotic, and I think he was kind of disappointed not to be getting that treat after his meals once he finished it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment