![]() |
| Picture of my instagram picture of the Elf last year - because this elf is lazy. |
I have to skip forward in my posts because I don't want to forget this! This is our second year with Elf on the Shelf. Last year Sawyer named him 'Christmas.' We didn't get very creative... and the Elf wasn't a big part of our Christmas season.
We (Jeremy) (finally) remembered to bring the Elf out again last weekend while I was reading with Sawyer before bed. Jeremy sneaked the Elf into Sawyer's bathroom and we took Sawyer to see. This was basically our conversation:
"Sawyer, look who came to see you!"
"It's a toy? It's from Target?"
"No, it's your Elf. Remember from last year? You named him Christmas, but you can name him anything you want."
"I'll name him Light Jacket. No, Light Vest."
"Okay, sure. Well, he flies back to the North Pole each night to tell Santa if you've been a good boy. If you're good, he'll tell Santa what you want for Christmas."
"He doesn't have wings. He's not talking."
We've had the talk several times about how the Elf is magical and doesn't need wings, how the rule is not to touch the Elf, and that he can't talk to us - he only watches and listens.
He goes back and forth on the Elf's name - I've heard Light Jacket, Light Vest, and Beezer. Certainly more creative than last year. And he has started to look forward to finding the Elf each morning. We'll see how it goes.

I can't keep up with all these new posts! Sawyer is ahead of the curve when it comes to the "elf" business. Glad he's keeping you in line!
ReplyDelete