Pages

4.28.2011

April (+ January) Showers

Last year, in April and in June respectively, we found out two of my very best friends were engaged and getting married this year!  I have been waiting years to throw showers for my friends, and I couldn't wait to get started.

Pam's wedding was last weekend, so we hosted her shower in January at my mom's house in Houston, along with Sarah (our college roomie), Jackie (high school friend & matron of honor) and Mary (NASA friend & bridesmaid).  These girls were awesome to plan with and made it easy on me just to show up the day of the shower and they brought everything else (I handled the invitations and planning the game).

Sarah made this amazing wreath for the front door - it was a Champagne and Cupcakes shower!


I made this little banner from scrapbook paper, paint and yarn.


Jackie, bless her heart (pregnant and in from out of state!), made ALL of our treats!  They were amazing!








This was way back in January, but some of the treats were carrot cake cupcakes, Elvis cupcakes (banana cupcake with peanut butter icing and chocolate ganache), and a kind of apple cupcake specially requested by the bride.  We also had sea salt brownies, red velvet cake balls (courtesy of Sarah), and cheese and crackers.  And champagne of course!



Beautiful flowers Mary brought all the way from Clear Lake:


We were all roommates together for a year in college - such a magical time! (Minus Adrienne, who lives in Kansas City now!)


And the pretty bride with her mom and future MIL:


We played a great game - none of us hostesses were into shower games, but we thought we needed something to pass the time.  I came up with a list of questions about Pam and Jason's relationship, sent them over to Jason and Pam had to guess his answers.  {i.e. What is something of Pam's you would get rid of?  Jason's Answer - skinny jeans, because they don't look good on anyone.  Except Pam.}  When Pam got a question wrong, she had to stuff her mouth with a marshmallow... eventually we had to abandon that because she missed too many!  It was a fun game and I think everyone enjoyed it.


Fast forward a few months to early April...

I hosted a shower for Adrienne, who is getting married in July in Colorado, at my house in Austin, along with Corrie (high school friend), Taylor (high school friend & maid of honor), and Pam (matron of honor!).  We kept it super simple - snacks from Central Market, wine, and cake.  What else do you need? :)

I'm not as talented as Sarah, but I made a little door decoration:


Tea sandwiches, veggie plate with love dip, fruit plate with poppy seed dressing, a Mediterranean platter, and pita chips and dip.  And golly, I need some matching serving pieces!


Pam brought this cake up from Clear Lake - it matched the invitation exactly, and it was delicious!


The invitation, which you can't see due to my camera flash, and flowers by Taylor & Corrie!


Adi's one request was to have wine served at her shower, and that we did!  We even got to taste some wine her dad made for their upcoming wedding and it was phenomenal!


Banners made by Taylor:



Adrienne's mom practicing grandma skills! (Sawyer did like her a lot, I promise!)


Some of the guests:







Some of Adrienne's goodies - lots of Crate & Barrel!


And it was an extra special Saturday because it was also the bride's birthday!



Since we were all together in Austin - a very special event for us - we went out to dinner at Hutt's and celebrated birthdays and weddings at some bars downtown.  Such a fun day!  And we were spoiled because two weeks after the shower we all met again in Austin for Pam's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment