Pages

10.06.2010

Tuesday's List: My DVR



I really enjoy reading Jessica's blog (link above) about her life as a transplanted Texan, and I'm never one to be silent on one of my favorite topics: TV. {I am so deep.}

Anyway, I hate summer TV so I was very excited to have all of my favorites back on late last month. Our TV schedule is:

Mondays
How I Met Your Mother
We looooove the sitcom. There have been better seasons, but I'll always love it. It's really very witty and they have funny story lines that are always woven together, with the final mystery being...who will "the mother" be??
House
Always came highly recommended to us and finally during the writer's strike we got the DVD's. You'd think the story lines would get old but they just...don't. It's really good so far this season!
Gossip Girl
I can't not watch it.

Tuesdays
Glee
What's not to love? I jumped on the bandwagon late on this one, but I am so glad I did! I love all the songs they do, I love the characters. The Britney Spears episode was so great, I still have it on my DVR.
Teen Mom
Guilty pleasure!! I got hooked on 16 & Pregnant episodes on OnDemand during middle of the night feedings with Sawyer, and we started recording Teen Mom, which follows a handful of the moms from 16 & Pregnant with their toddlers. Most weeks it's a train wreck and you just can't look away. Jeremy is a huge fan. Seriously.

Wednesdays
Modern Family
Just hilarious. Always.
Cougar Town
We just started recording this this season. It's actually pretty funny. It's by the same guy who did Scrubs, and we're huge Scrubs fans, so we like it.

Thursdays
The Office
Loved from the very second it aired. We like what they're doing this season so far!
30 Rock
It wears on Jeremy, and some episodes were blah last season, but it's been pretty funny lately.
Community
So good! It definitely took us 3 episodes to like it during the first season, and each episode gets better and better. I highly recommend the Halloween and Christmas episodes from last season, if you haven't seen any yet.
Parks & Recreation
This hasn't aired yet on NBC...I'm counting the minutes until they cancel Outsourced, which is awful, and bring this back. Ron Swanson is so good!
Grey's Anatomy
It got really bad there for a while, but I stuck with it and really liked last season. I'll just keep watching until it's canceled, I can't stop now.
My Generation
This was a new drama on ABC. It was just canceled, which I'm disappointed about! It's set in Austin and they filmed scenes right around the corner from where we're living now. It follows some kids from class of 2000, seeing where their lives are now 10 years later and where they thought they'd be. Even has some Enron drama thrown in there - shout out! The story lines were a little complex and I think it would take 3 episodes or so to get into, but I liked it and am disappointed it's done.

Saturdays
Project Runway
My DVR is too busy on Thursday to record when it airs, so I have to wait all the way until Saturday for a rerun! It is so good when I wake up Sunday morning and have a PR to watch!

Also DVR'd:
Tosh.0
We record every episode of this show on Comedy Central. It's hilarious! It's like the Soup but with popular online videos. Daniel Tosh just gets me!
Ellen
I don't watch every show I record, but I always enjoy it! Turned out to be a good sub for Oprah - much more fun and entertaining.

During the day I do keep the TV on most of the time, just to have some background noise. I really love watching the Today Show every morning, but in Austin they interrupt it from 9-10 with Regis and Kelly, which I hate, so I usually forget to tune in. Since becoming a SAHM I have found the TV paradise that is SoapNet! The run 2 hours of the original Beverly Hills 90210 in the mornings and afternoons, and I am loving going through the seasons so quickly! They're about to graduate from college now and it's so good.

So go watch Modern Family from tonight - it was funny! :)

3 comments:

  1. Just when I thought Community couldn't get any better, it did. Chang is so amazing this season. Love it!

    (And of course you know I love Tosh.0.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we LOVE modern family. I seriously almost pee every episode from uncontrollable giggles. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DVR the 90210 episodes EVERY DAY!! I'm about 2 weeks behind now, but oh, I absolutely love that show.

    ReplyDelete