Here is his room from the hallway:

I was so excited when we found out we were having a boy, because I knew exactly how we'd decorate his room! I'm not sure I could have ever made a decision on girly stuff! This room was our "study" and luckily we'd painted it burnt orange (Benjamin Moore Audubon Russet) when we moved in a few years before. Since the walls are pretty bold, I wanted to add a lot of light accents and keep it pretty simple. Starting from the left... The white shelving is actually an Ikea DVD shelf that we never moved out, so I used it to display a few things and hold some books that would fit. His rocker is from Baby's 1st Furniture in Houston. I LOVE that rocker! It is so comfortable and I love the fabric. It's very neutral so I think I can use it again in another baby's room, too. The little side table was on sale from Pier 1; I was just using it in another room in the house. It's actually really cute - you can't tell but it has a kind of zebra pattern on the top and it's metal. The lamp is from Target and nothing special, but I liked having the lamp light instead of the overhead lights all the time. His crib is also from Baby's 1st Furniture. Crib shopping was a nightmare - I knew I wanted a dark wood, sleigh-style crib. Do you know how many of those they make? Tons! But I love the one we ended up with! His bedding is the organic dot bedding from Pottery Barn Kids, which when I finally decided to buy online they conveniently stopped selling. Luckily our friends the Ryans bought it for their son and ended up not using it, so we were able to buy the bumper and quilt for cheap, and I bought the matching crib skirt on eBay. I bought several brown and cream polka dot crib sheets from Target, and I think it all looks pretty cute together. His letters I bought from etsy (her shop is no longer open). She listed some similar so I just contacted her about a custom order and they turned out great. I waited until pretty late to order and they took a while, but they arrived while we were in the hospital with Sawyer! I was so excited to hang them once he was home! The white shelves are from Ballard Designs and I love them so much! We don't have a bookcase or anything to display stuff on, so I was happy to add these so we can display all of his cute gifts and decorations. Besides his wall letters, we didn't have to buy any decor - we just used UT decor we already had. I don't think Jeremy appreciates how cost effective this nursery was! :) The rug is from Target, and I like it because it matches all the colors we used in his bedding and on the rocker, and it was nice to have a soft place to play.
This is his room from the closet area:

Above the window is this awesome piece of art Jeremy's parents bought him for Christmas a while back. It's a collage of pictures from famous places in Austin (they do Houston and Dallas also). His dresser matches his crib and is also from Baby's 1st Furniture. With such a small closet and a small room, having that double dresser for storage was great. We kept his diapers, blankets, towels, socks, hats, pj's, and other miscellaneous things in there. I didn't mind just using the dresser top as a changing table - we got the super soft changing pad and a cute little diaper caddy to keep on top and it worked great. The artwork above the dresser is something my dad gave Jeremy for his birthday. It's an artist who mainly did SEC schools (LSU, Georgia) and he also made a UT one - it's called "Self Portrait" and it a little cow looking in a mirror painting his self portrait, which is actually a longhorn. So cute and we thought it was perfect for our little longhorn nursery.
Here is a close-up of his letters:
Right now we're in a temporary housing situation and Sawyer is sleeping in a pack-n-play in our closet. I can't wait to be settled into a real house soon so I can recreate his little longhorn nursery!
Sawyer's room is very cute. Love the color of the walls. I'm sure his room at the new house will be just as nice. It's hard moving after getting a room you love all decorated.
ReplyDeletedo you remember the exact color of the paint you used?? I am thinking about doing an orange baby room...Thanks
ReplyDeleteHi Maria - It's Benjamin Moore's Audubon Russet. I think it's a perfect orange color and would definitely use it again!
ReplyDelete