Pages

10.09.2010

Family Weekend

A couple weekends ago we were so lucky to have Uncle Josh and Aunt Jamie and my dad visit! Josh and Jamie came for the UCLA game, since their parents were in Greece, and my dad visited for my sister's sorority dad's day. It was a busy weekend but Sawyer was very well-behaved and we had so much fun.

Josh and Jamie drove in from Arkansas and arrived about 3am Friday morning. After sleeping in, we met up and had Matt's El Rancho for lunch. Mmmmmm! Jeremy went back to work, Josh and Jamie shopped around town, and Sawyer and I relaxed at home. Later in the evening we picked up Plucker's for dinner and watched football, then I went to Carrie and Zach's to babysit and everyone else hung out here. That might have been the first time ever Jeremy was alone in doing Sawyer's bedtime routine - ha! He did very well!





The next morning I started my first day of teacher training, so I had to be there by 8:30am. I think the boys and Jamie relaxed at the house, watched some football, and then Carrie and Zach repaid the babysitting favor by keeping Sawyer until I was done at training so everyone else could go to the UT game. My sister and dad were sweet to drop the group off close to the stadium since Uncle Josh's kickball injury had him in a special boot! Later in the afternoon Sawyer, Amanda, my dad and I watched the end of our game at the house - awful! I haven't seen us lose at home in so long (since we played Ohio State in 2006). We had a really fun, late dinner at Hyde Park Grill with everyone and I can not believe how great Sawyer was. I fully expected I'd have to take him out to the car and drive around while everyone ate, but he happily sat in my lap or in his carseat at the table until 10pm when we finished. I think he was wired from all the family fun! Everyone was exhausted, but we made one last stop - Gourdough's! It's an airstream trailer on South Lamar that makes gourmet donuts. Go look at their menu! Jeremy got the bacon maple donut, and mine was soaked in coconut milk and had fudge icing. So good!





We said a quick goodbye to Josh and Jamie the next morning, and off they drove back to Arkansas. We had so much fun with everyone, and were so glad they all got a lot of quality Sawyer time! Josh and Jamie hadn't seen Sawyer since he was 2 weeks old! We can't wait to see them again in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment