Friday we braved a freak storm and met the Polis for dinner. We realized we hadn't seen them since April at Tracy's birthday! How horrible is that? We can't live more than 15 minutes from each other. In their defense, baby Emma just turned 6 months today, so they've been busy! And our excuse is...?
Saturday evening we drove to the 'burbs for dinner with my dad, his wife, my sister, my brother and 2 step-sisters (and 3 dogs!). Dad grilled out steaks and he even got us a Goode Company pecan pie for dessert - yum! Later that night we saw Inglorious Basterds with some friends. I actually liked it, much to my surprise, minus the blood & guts, but I covered my eyes for that anyway. Jeremy did not like it that much. No surprise there.
Sunday was not a great day - we ate pizza for lunch and watched Revolutionary Road, which was super depressing. Kate & Leo were great in it but such a downer! Then I finally rolled myself off the couch and headed to work to make 6 copies of a binder. (I love my job! :insert sarcasm here:) I couldn't get in. I knocked, I looked for the security guard, nothing. But some things are out of my control, so I left to pick up my sister and headed to the Coach store at the outlet mall. I took the longest way ever to get there, but luckily I got gas on the way (this will come into play later). We got there minutes before closing, made our selections happily and headed back out to the car. As I pulled out of the parking spot, I heard some pulling underneath, the familiar sound of a small car being parked on top of a curb. Crap! I didn't even hear anything when I pulled in, I just parked normally! A little piece of plastic from the front bumper popped off, so Amanda grabbed it and we though that was it. Until I was out on the road away from the outlet mall and we heard a horrible noise from under the car. I pulled over into the median and we got out to inspect the damage. Turns out the entire left half of my front bumper and the plastic under-piece were dragging on the ground. We tried popping the bumper back in but it wasn't happening. I called Jeremy and Amanda called Triple A - Jeremy got there in about 30 minutes (we sat in the A/C in the car - hence it being so good that I got gas earlier!). After trying to pop the bumper back in, he went to get duct tape from a nearby gas station but could only find masking tape. He masking taped it up enough to drive it back to the outlet mall parking lot so he could see it in more light. We carefully drove it to the nearest Target where he bought duct tape and Amanda and I got dinner from Arby's. :) Jeremy thought it was secure enough and sent me to take Amanda home...and not 5 minutes later do I get a call from him saying the under-piece came out again. So my dad got a lovely phone call at 9:30 pm on a Sunday to pick Amanda up, and Jeremy followed me (slowly) to an auto shop with a night drop very close to where we were stopped. At least that was an upside! We were both exhausted, so it was great to leave the car and not worry about it the rest of the night. It took about 4 hours from when we got to the outlet mall to when Jeremy and I finally got home.
I just got the call with the price of fixing the stinking car. Oh my! I definitely just entered it as a claim on our insurance - no way we were paying that out of pocket. The good news about using our insurance is that we have rental car coverage, so yay for not having to live on one car for over a week! (I am currently stuck at work since Jeremy dropped me off this morning and am probably cabbing it the 4 miles home.)
I'm forcing myself to look on the bright side and the even better news is within the year and almost 2 months we've had this car, we've gotten a total of 3 new tires, a new hood, a new fender, a new headlight, a new drivers side mirror and now a new bumper!
...that's me - rebuilding the front of the Audi one piece at a time! Ha!
Oh, and if you're wondering, I did get a cute little wallet from Coach - outlet price plus 50% off! What is worth it?

VERRRRY cute!
ReplyDelete