We purchased 2 things yesterday which made me feel like a big girl! First, 2 new tires for the Audi. We had bought 1 new tire for it a year ago, just days after we got it, due to a flat. Yesterday when I went to leave work for lunch, another tire was flat, and I already knew another tire was in really bad shape. Thank goodness for my father-in-law, who came to my rescue with Jack in the Box and Fix-a-Flat! I am the proud new owner of 2 new tires and hopefully no more flats. It always feels very grown-up to me when we have to pay for stuff like tires! (Seriously, I am sure I'm still 20.)
Also yesterday, we broke down and got serious about choosing a new computer. We went back and forth 100 times on desktop vs. laptop vs. netbook, finally deciding on a desktop with the possibility of purchasing a netbook in the future. We got more for our money with a Dell desktop, and that was the bottom line. Yes, it will stink not lounging in front of the TV with my laptop, but it will be nice to have a specific, dedicated computer area in the house instead of dragging it and all the accessories from room to room. I'm very excited! My current laptop was purchased by my dad in college and Jeremy has a work laptop, so this is our very first computer purchase! (Not bad for being married 2.5 years!)
Work is a little nuts for both Jeremy and me this week - he had a project due Monday, another one is due Friday, and he just found out another might be due the following Monday. (I just hope this doesn't impact our Austin plans for the weekend!) My office is in a tizzy trying to get read for Phase II of our big decommissioning project offshore - most of them will be over in Morgan City, Louisiana Thursday and Friday for a kick-off meeting on the dock. They're actually staying on the barge. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. I would love to go and see the product of what we've all been working toward, but I could probably do without staying on a barge full of men in Morgan City.
7.14.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment