Pages

1.20.2012

January Favorites

At least from the 1st to the 20th anyway... who knows what could change in the next 11 days!

VitaTops
Yes, an actual muffin top.  And it's so good!  I found them in the freezer in the organic section in my grocery store.  These babies only have 100 calories and no artificial preservatives.  You can toast it straight from the freezer or let it thaw for 30 minutes at room temperature - the latter works perfectly for throwing it in my bag on my way to work and eating at my desk.



Spike the Punch Jewelry
I can't remember how I stumbled upon this jeweler, but for the last month I have been checking her Twitter and Facebook pages for announcements of new products added to her etsy shop.  I love neon and pink and sparkles so these necklaces speak to me.





Lana del Rey
I'll give Adrienne the credit here - she sent me one of Lana's videos a while back, which I promptly ignored.  I read about Lana again here, and happened to finally watch her videos on YouTube.  Now the videos are on repeat while I work (her album doesn't come out until January 31).  I love her voice... and I know, she wasn't so great live on SNL last weekend, but that's why I don't like live music anyway.  Her EP sounds fine to me!




Friday Night Lights
Obviously.  We're on Season 3 right now and can't get enough!



More Weddings!!
2011 was a big year for weddings - I threw showers and was a bridesmaid in Pam's, Adrienne's and Becky's.  Well, 2012 will be (slightly calmer but) similar - Sarah and Huynh got engaged last weekend!!!  I am so excited for the planning to begin, and I am already "pinning" shower ideas like crazy.  Fun times ahead!



And lastly...
Austin Restaurants in Houston!
Torchy's Tacos opened in December, and I was lucky enough to have had it once since then!  This became one of our favorite taco joints in Austin and I am so excited it's down in Houston now. (My favorites are the Brushfire and Fried Avocado - thank me later.)  Another Austin favorite I haven't tried is Uchi, and it's opening here in early February.  We already have reservations and I am quite excited to try it!

2 comments:

  1. Yummm we ate at Torchy's today. Worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found VitaTops too at the new HEB. I feel like if I eat more of those, it means I can eat more Torchy's. Right? And can't wait for Uchi.

    ReplyDelete