Sawyer's opinion on going to his first football game... he loves his Longhorns, so he was excited to see everything. He was very upset he couldn't go on the field and play ball - we had some tears in the stands. It was lunch and nap time, and with all the noise, I think it was overwhelming. But when he looks back at pictures he still tells me that was the day he got to see the Longhorns play football so I guess we made some good memories!
12.18.2012
First UT Football Game
We took Sawyer to his first UT football game in November. The weather was decent and it was an 11AM game against Iowa State, so we figured it was as good a time as any! We made it a quick trip and drove up and back same-day, and we also got to attend the SRD (my mom's, sister's and my college dorm!) 90th Anniversary party. The game part was a little stressful for me... and so not totally enjoyable. Sawyer and I stuck around until almost half-time, walked down and had a snack with daddy, and then we took a leisurely walk back to the car through campus and waited for the game to end. We walked all around the Art School and Law School, and Sawyer napped in the car while I enjoyed an iced chai and some quiet time. Daddy and Pops got to watch the game in peace until the end - win/win! After the game, we picked Jeremy up and headed to SRD to meet my mom, sister, her boyfriend, and my brother. Seeing SRD brought back such great memories!! We had BBQ outside and got to indulge in their famous CCB (chocolate cookie balls - ice cream covered in crushed Oreo cookies and topped with hot fudge!). So a stressful morning turned into a very fun afternoon, and we were home by dinnertime.
Sawyer's opinion on going to his first football game... he loves his Longhorns, so he was excited to see everything. He was very upset he couldn't go on the field and play ball - we had some tears in the stands. It was lunch and nap time, and with all the noise, I think it was overwhelming. But when he looks back at pictures he still tells me that was the day he got to see the Longhorns play football so I guess we made some good memories!
Sawyer's opinion on going to his first football game... he loves his Longhorns, so he was excited to see everything. He was very upset he couldn't go on the field and play ball - we had some tears in the stands. It was lunch and nap time, and with all the noise, I think it was overwhelming. But when he looks back at pictures he still tells me that was the day he got to see the Longhorns play football so I guess we made some good memories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment