Pages

4.18.2012

Sawyer's Second Birthday - Kachow!

If you're familiar with "Kachow!" then you must know Sawyer's birthday was Disney's Cars themed.  For a while Sawyer woke up every morning asking to watch this movie, so it seemed appropriate.  Since we're renting a small-ish townhome with nearly zero parking we opted to have a family party at my mom's house (she so graciously allowed us to host it there and did a lot of the work too!).  And even being just family, we still had 11 guests, not including the 3 of us.  We put Sawyer down for a nap at my mom's while Jeremy and I ran last-minute errands, then we got Sawyer up from his nap to see all the decorations and people there!  He was slightly overwhelmed, but eating some cake and opening presents helped that.  It was just a little affair but we had so much fun celebrating with family and our big two-year-old!

I designed my own invitations because I couldn't find anything I liked online or on Etsy.
They're not professional, but not bad for Power Point either!

All the goodies.  Isn't my mom's dining room pretty?

Food was simple - I got iced sugar cookies and chocolate-dipped peanut butter cookies
(and the cake) from RJ Goodie's, of course.  

We also had cream cheese topped with blueberry chipotle sauce and crackers,
and guacamole and chips for salty snacks.  Stuff my mom already had in her pantry - thanks, Mom!

Cars confetti and glitter!















After the party, we packed up and headed home to play with all our new toys!




Sunday Jeremy had to work, so Sawyer and I just enjoyed our time together.  I ordered mini cupcakes from Crave to send with him to school on his actual birthday, and this kid loves cupcakes right now, so I bought him a big vanilla one and we let him do one more birthday song/candle iteration with just the three of us.






Monday was Sawyer's actual birthday.  I hated that I had to rush off to work on his special day, but I know he had fun at school.  First we snapped a quick picture:


Jeremy sent me a picture of a banner his teachers made and had hanging in his class.  They let me take it home with me that night - I love it so much!  I don't know what I'll do with it but I am keeping it forever.



And when I picked him up that evening his teachers also had a big wrapped gift for him to take home - a ton of blocks.  They are so sweet!  I think Sawyer had a fun day, especially because cupcakes were involved.  For the next couple weeks he asked at least twice a week if he could have a cupcake.  What a stinker!




Okay, I did give in and let him have two leftover cookies on his birthday!
He did say please!

1 comment:

  1. Blast from the past!! I'm the stalker that checks in on your blog every morning :) I love that RJ Goodies is and always will be a staple for us. My mom always gets me a cookie and their pasta salad when I'm in town or they're visiting me! I've searched high and low in Dallas for a place that compares and there's simply none. I hope all is well - love your little man and getting a glimpse into y'alls lives!

    ReplyDelete