Pages

2.08.2010

In which we're showered with love.

Several weeks ago, my sweet besties from college (also my bridesmaids) threw Baby H and me a lovely baby shower. It was such a fun weekend! Friday night, after getting my hair done (and that alone can make for a fun weekend!), I met Pam and Becky, who drove in from Dallas, and Pam's parents for dinner. We hung out at Pam's parents' amazing house in Magnolia until Sarah arrived...and she'd picked up Adrienne at the airport! I last saw Adrienne in June when she was in Austin for 1 night, but I hadn't gotten quality Adi time in a while because she lives in NYC. And it had been almost 2 years since all 5 of us had been together. What fun! I didn't spend the night Friday night because we got to do something fun early Saturday morning...

Earlier in the week I hadn't measured big enough at an appointment, so I was scheduled for a growth scan. I was 30 weeks and measured at 25. I wasn't worried at all because I know there is a baby rapidly growing in my belly, but I was thrilled to get an ultrasound out of it! He measured perfectly on target, and was a little over 3 lbs. It was such an early appointment he was dead asleep and wouldn't even roll over except for one quick second and the tech got 3 cute pictures of his little face. He's such a little squirt - he was moving and grooving all night, so I know that's why he couldn't wake up in the morning (like parents, like son!).

After a quick nap, I headed out to Magnolia for my shower. Pam's parents graciously let them host it out there and it is a lovely home for any kind of entertaining!

The girls did such an awesome job hosting their first baby shower! The invitations were adorable, Pam made the cutest diaper cake ever, the food was delicious, the games were too funny - it was just perfect! I had so much fun celebrating with everyone! And of course our nursery is now chock full of baby things, so that doesn't hurt either.




My favorite - blue punch with rubber duckies floating!

RJ Goodie's cake, of course!
This was the (losing) result of a game where everyone paired up and cut out parts of baby pictures of Jeremy and me to create what they thought Baby H would look like. Thanks, Pam & Adi, for the weird Picasso kid. Hopefully he doesn't get my squinty eyes!

They made us taste test 9 baby foods! My face tells you how good they were. Of course Tracy won...I think 11 month old Emma helped! :)

Grandma Judy (Jeremy's mom), Meemaw, Aunt Pat and Grandma Sally (my mom)


Auntie Sarah, Auntie Becky, me, Auntie Pam and Auntie Adrienne!
I spent the night and next morning enjoying time with the girls before we all had to end the weekend and return to the real world. I just love these girls so much and I can't wait for them to be a part of our son's life. Thank you so much for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment