Embarrassing as it may be, here is our DVR schedule this week:
Monday
How I Met Your Mother
Gossip Girl (starts next Monday!)
House (starts October 3)
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Tuesday
Glee
New Girl (Zooey Deschanel's new sitcom - we'll see...)
The Rachel Zoe Project
Teen Mom
Tosh.0 (but we have to record when it repeats at 11pm!)
Wednesday
Up All Night (we watched the preview episode last week and it could be good - Maya Rudolph could save the show!)
Modern Family
Top Chef: Just Desserts
Happy Endings (starts next week)
Thursday
Community
Parks & Recreation
The Office
Whitney (probably will be bad, but I'm throwing it in here anyway)
Grey's Anatomy
Project Runway (also have to record a later airing of this one!)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Sunday
Amazing Race
The Emmy Awards last night were like an exciting pep rally to kick of the new fall seasons. The show was pretty good - Jane Lynch was okay, sort of hit or miss for me. There were so many good bits that had us laughing! The best actress in a comedy nominees all standing up on stage pageant style, followed by Melissa McCarthy's very genuine reaction to winning. The Lonely Island's performance with Michael Bolton, John Stamos, Ed Helms, Maya Rudolph, Akon and others. Musical interludes by The Emmytones, which included Cobie Smulders (Robin, How I Met Your Mother), Joel McHale (from Community and The Soup on E!), Wilmer Valderrama, Zachary Levi (Chuck), Kate Flannery (Meredith, The Office) and Taraji P. Henson (I know her from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button). When announcing the nominees for best writing for shows like Saturday Night Live, the Daily Show, and Conan they all did funny things - all the SNL writers were announced with different pictures of Justin Timberlake, all of Jimmy Fallon's writers were announced with pictures of cute puppies, and Conan drew 1 writer's name out of a hat to name - his own.
What I love almost as much as TV is awards show fashion. I love pretty dresses. I love pretty hair. I love jewels and shoes. I look forward to Oscars fashion more than the actual awards, and though the Emmys aren't as big, they're just as exciting! I didn't watch any red carpet coverage, but these are my opinions from watching the show:
Hits!
![]() |
| via Julie Bowen in Oscar de la Renta Verging on almost too thin, Julie does look great in her dress and I was excited for her win as Best Supporting Actress! |
![]() |
| via |
![]() |
| via Sofia Vegara in Vera Wang |
![]() |
| via Kristin Wiig in a yummy Zac Posen |
![]() |
| via Minka Kelly in navy and lace by Dior This could err on the side of grandmother-ly, but I think she is so beautiful she could wear a paper bag. And she was so excited to present the award for Best Actor in a Drama to her old co-star Kyle Chandler for Friday Night Lights, I can't help but like her! |
![]() |
| via Kerry Washington in Zuhair Murad |
![]() |
| via Elizabeth Moss in Marchesa |
![]() |
| via Cobie Smulders in turquoise Alberta Ferretti |
![]() |
| via Amy Poehler in Peter Som I love her simple silhouette with the glitzy fabric! |
![]() |
| via Katie Homes (Kate Cruise?) in Calvin Klein Actually, I do love her messy hair and her make-up. And the dress is not so bad, I just don't think the front cut is very flattering. But she does look pretty! |
![]() |
| via Gwyneth Paltrow in Emilio Pucci Her hair and makeup look great! And the dress is pretty in theory... I just can't get past 2 piece, midriff-baring dresses. It takes me back to Bearkadette Ball in high school when that was all the rage (I opted out of that trend!). |
![]() |
| via Juliana Margulies in Armani Prive |
![]() |
| via Julianne Hough in Caroline Herrera I am a huge Julianne fan, even bigger now that she's doing the remake of Footloose. But something just wasn't working for me when I saw her picture. Perhaps it's just the lighting? |
![]() |
| via Drew Barrymore in Givenchy |
![]() |
| via Heather Morris in Masai Payan Eh. |
![]() |
| via Ariel Winters in ? Slightly inappropriate for a 13-year-old girl? What do you think? |


















did you watch new girl?! i'm trying to decide if i should add it to our list. can't wait for modern fam tonight!! yay for fall and finally having shows again :)
ReplyDelete