Pages

8.23.2011

Seems like once our lives settle into a normal routine we like to change things up again! So... We're moving back to Houston! When Jeremy moved with his boss to a very small start-up company in March we knew it was a risk, so we weren't all that shocked when it ended up not really working out. Jeremy was lucky enough to get a job offer from his old company in Houston, and with this economy having a job offer anywhere is nothing to turn down. Unfortunately it means another move for us, but Houston will always be our home so it feels good to be going back (if I keep telling myself that it will be true!), near family and friends and co-workers Jeremy enjoys. I was also lucky enough to get some interviews and I've accepted a job with an energy company doing regulatory (same thing I do in Austin). I am really excited about this opportunity for my career - in the end Houston just makes sense for the industry I'm in.

As positive as I'm trying to be, there have been a lot of tears on my part about leaving. I love our home (even if it's just a rental), our neighborhood, Sawyer's school, my job and coworkers and friends. I have never loved a job and the people I work with so much, and loving Sawyer's school and teachers like I do makes it so easy for me to go to work each day. I have loved being here, just our little family, and figuring things out (mostly) on our own. Moving here was very, very difficult - Sawyer was only 4 months old when we started living here full time, and then we had so much stress over selling our home in Houston and me finding work here. But once I started at Jones in March, I really felt like we hit our stride. We had a great schedule during the week and so much fun together on the weekends. I hate having to leave a job I am just not ready to leave. My last day was Friday and it was such a tough day. And again, no move is without stress. We have had trouble finding a comparable school for Sawyer in Houston with openings, and we searched for weeks for a rental home with no success. And we are breaking our lease in Austin, so we've been praying our home here would get leased again quickly so we weren't stuck paying rent two places. Like I said... Lots and lots of tears!

It seems over the weekend stuff finally came together for us. I made it through my last day of work. Very sad, but I made it. Our home is Austin has been leased. We leased a townhome in Houston sight-unseen and finally saw it with our own eyes this weekend. It's beautiful and the location is great and I think we'll be happy. We toured a school for Sawyer and though they only have 3 days a week open, we absolutely love the facility and hope to make it work for the time being. We got to spend some time with our friends in Houston and it makes me a little more excited about moving back.

So that's our yearly moving update. Very bittersweet but hopefully looking back I'll know it was the right decision for us. We move on Monday - nothing like scheduling a move during record breaking temperatures. And unfortunately we'll be doing this again in 2012 as our lease is only for 12 months. But if I have any say at all, next year we'll be buying a place we can live for the next 10-20 years! I am ready to be settled!

No comments:

Post a Comment