We have seen a lot of movies recently - the exciting life of a 27 year old! We do Netflix, and we rent a lot from the Movies on Demand service through our cable, and in May we actually saw 2 movies in the theaters! (That is a big deal.) I thought I'd review the ones we'd seen...
Bridesmaids
We saw this for my birthday and loved it! Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph are hilarious together, and in some scenes they seemed so natural it reminded me of my sister and I goofing around. It's certainly not the best movie in the world, but it was very entertaining. I want to see it again!
Hangover II
We got lucky and got a babysitter so we could see this the weekend it came out. There were high highs and low lows. Lots of funny parts for sure, but there were lulls between. The plot is very similar to the first one, but if you know that going in it's okay. I preferred Bridesmaids, as did Jeremy, but still good.
True Grit
We just watched this on Sunday night for Father's Day. IT WAS SO GOOD. I knew it would be, but it was amazing. I love all the Coen brothers' movies. It was cast perfectly. It was almost 2 hours and was too short. I could have watched another hour. Go watch it right now if you haven't.
Just Go With It
My sister picked this for us to watch Saturday night. I was doubtful, but our other options was The Fighter and it seemed too heavy. This did not disappoint! There are a ton of great cameos, and Jennifer Aniston was great in it. Very cute, not too adult - we laughed a lot during it, which surprised us.
Morning Glory
I had such high hopes. I love Rachel McAdams. I love Diane Keaton. I love Harrison Ford. I love morning tv shows like the Today Show. It had so much potential... and it failed. Don't waste your time or money, trust me.
Hall Pass
Eh. A few funny parts. Dumb plot. I liked Jenna Fisher and Christina Applegate a lot.
Mad Men: Season 4
This is what we've been watching on Netflix. I love it! I have loved every season. This one is no different. We have 1 disc left and then I'll be sad when we're through it!
Twilight
I read all 4 books in about a month and a half. Say what you will, they are well written and I loved them. I couldn't wait to see the movies! I only watched the first one so far, and Jeremy laughed the whole way through, but I liked it since I loved the books. Obviously the books are better, but I still love it!
How to Train Your Dragon
I was not excited about this one. But it was great!!!! And we didn't even watch it with Sawyer. Very, very cute. Seemed like it might be a little scary/violent for kiddos, but what do I know?
The King's Speech
I was in and out during this one, but I know Jeremy loved it.
Justin Bieber: Never Say Never
I LOVED IT! I am 27 and I loved the Bieber movie. Mostly I teared up when they showed videos of Justin as a baby, thinking about how Sawyer would be 16 years old one day. And it was also entertaining! Like a biography and a concert in one.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1
I can't believe I didn't see this in theaters! We finally watched it and of course loved it. I read the last book so quickly just so I could know the end that I barely remember it, but it's great and I am very excited for the final movie to come out in November. I wouldn't watch it if you haven't seen the others though...
6.23.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment