Pages

3.08.2010

Academy Awards in Review

I missed blogging about Emmy or Golden Globes or SAG Awards fashion, but I couldn't just let the 82nd Academy Awards go by! I thought the show was pretty good. Hosts Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin were entertaining and funny enough. Neil Patrick Harris did a great opening number with many So You Think You Can Dance alumni and it makes me very excited to see him guest star on Glee!

The fashion left me slightly underwhelmed. I didn't even think anyone stood out that much - and some of my favorite pictures were of couples. The guys were looking good this year! A few of my favorite ladies were (all images from here):

Tina Fey in Michael Kors

Sandra Bullock in Marchesa (and because she was sitting in the front row, I also noticed her hair and makeup were flawless!)

Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab

Queen Latifah in Badgley Mischka- not normally a fan of hers but I thought the cut and color of this dress was really flattering, minus the wrinkles from sitting down, a huge pet peeve of mine.

Mariska Hargitay in Vera Wang

Kristen Stewart in Monique Lhullier - good thing her pretty dress makes up for her personality.

Elizabeth Banks in Versace

Cameron Diaz in Oscar de la Renta

Amanda Seyfried in Armani Prive - I thought it looked a little prom-ish but compared to her fellow presenter, Miley Cyrus, I thought she looked elegant and like a breath of fresh air! So she makes my list.

Miley (in Jenny Packham) and her mom - I like Miley's dress in theory...maybe on someone else. I don't think it's super age-appropriate, especially the top. And she just drives me nuts in general. So she's not on my best dressed list, but I wanted to show her picture anyway.

The Gents:

Zac Efron, looking so, so cute (I can't find who he's wearing).

Tom Ford, very dashing in Tom Ford, of course.

Sam Worthington and girlfriend Natalie Mark - cute couple! (Thanks mostly to him.)

Matt Damon and wife Luciana Barroso (in Salvatore Ferragamo) - they both look amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment